If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying for your commissioned piece.
1. GENERAL TERMS
- All drawings will include a subtle signature that you may not remove.
- I might record the drawing process and post it on my youtube.
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order that I do not feel comfortable drawing for any reason.
- I will draw:
- Your or my original characters
- Online game character
- Fan art
- IRL people
- I will NOT draw: Violent/Grotesque, R-18
- If there is anything that you’re unsure about, feel free to ask me!
- Currency accepted is USD and can be paid through PayPal.
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
- Don’t send me any payment before I have agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment.
3. PROCESS AND DELIVERY
- I will notify you when I have started on your commission and you, therefore, lose the rights to a refund (see point 7 further below for more info on refunds)
- While I’m working on your commission I will make reviews with you to make sure I make it just right for you!
- The amount of reviews depends on the complexity of the work.
- During the reviews, you will see work-in-progress and these images will usually include a watermark and be smaller than the finished piece.
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week – 1 months depending on factors such as the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work in queue and con seasons.
- If anything comes up that will slow the progress of the initially estimated delivery time I will let you know asap.
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on where you live, we can arrange to print your artwork and deliver it for an additional fee.
- Please be patient and do not rush me.
- Unless, of course, a misunderstanding from my side has been made:
- 2 minor revisions in the final drawings are included.
- A fee will be added if you want a major change on the final drawing.
- Determining if a change is minor or major is up to me.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make.
5. COPYRIGHT / USAGE POLICY
- I, OdeChan (the artist), claim the rights to the produced drawing, not the buyer. Therefore I am allowed to use the copyrighted artwork to:
- Promote myself with it everywhere
- Publish books with it (artbooks, etc.)
- Display it everywhere to my liking (website, social media, etc.)
- Post it wherever I want
- The buyer is allowed to:
- Use the commissioned piece for personal use unless agreed otherwise (you can upload it on all your social media profiles, forums, etc.)
- Print the artwork and claim the character(s) as their own, but not the artwork itself.
- Use the artwork to promote themselves. You are not forced to give me credit when you post it but it is very appreciated.
- Use the artwork on their Youtube channel and in monetized videos as long as the artwork itself is not the main subject for the earnings.
- The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Removing my signature from the artwork
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- I reserve the full rights to the image and it’s use/distribution unless otherwise agreed upon (rights to the image for your own non-personal use may be purchased at any time).
6. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- I will do everything I can to make my customers happy!
- If you have a problem with anything in regards to the commissioned piece please tell me right away so we can find a solution together.
- I am willing to change some of my terms for you if you ask before I start on your commission. If you, e.g., do not want me to post your art anywhere, we can discuss this.
7. REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
- If you are getting a refund, do not request a Paypal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself.
- If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply Paypal with our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
If the buyer breaks any of the points stated above they will lose all the beforementioned rights to the artwork commissioned of me, OdeChan (the artist), and I will have the right to profit further from the commissioned artwork in any way I see fit. If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying your commissioned piece.
What do you get?
- Drafts/mockups (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work
- Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece)
- Full-resolution file (approx. 297 x 420 mm at 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG. If you need different resolutions/sizes – please let me know before I start the commission.